I've been stalking a couple of blogs lately, one blogger in particular has a obsession with monograms - and her home is filled with the initial of her last name. So I thought I'd give it a try. I forgot to take the before picture but did remember to get a during picture.
I started with a simple press board M that I picked up on the cheap some time ago. I was going to just paint it and be done, however; with teenagers in the house - keeping things not broken, bent or otherwise doomed can be as challenging as a house with toddlers. So just painting it has gone by the wayside since one of the girls cracked it. Enter jute twine and glue gun. And some burned fingertips. Here is what I ended up with.
I tried a couple of different locations in the house and decided it looked best on top of the antique cabinet with pictures of the kids.
linking to: http://lbratina.blogspot.com/